On Monday June 15th, 2020 the KMBA Board of Directors adopted the Baseball Ontario Return to Play Protocol. All Panther families should become familiar with the protocol found here.
At this time, provincial and municipal regulations have approved outdoor team training only, following the KMBA/Baseball Ontario Protocol. If a return to competition is approved, we intend to participate. League play or other coordinated scrimmages and games, if approved, may extend past Labour Day weekend. We hope to have more details in the next few weeks. We have our City of Kitchener diamonds available until the end of October.
All Panthers wishing to participate in our Summer 2020 Baseball program which will resume on Saturday June 20th, 2020, must complete the following steps by Friday June 19th at noon.
- Adult participants (participants who are 18 years old or older) must complete the Baseball Ontario waiver found here.
- Child participants must have a guardian complete the Baseball Ontario waiver found here.
- All individuals entering a facility and/or participating in sanctioned activities must comply with and complete the declaration found here.
Current Limits on Team Training
Panthers teams will be permitted to practice in two groups of ten at the same time. Each group of ten must stay together for the entire practice (still socially distanced from each other) with one group using the "home" access points to the diamond and the other group using the "away" access points to the diamond. Dugouts will be off limits - player items should be kept 6 feet apart outside of the dugout area. Players may bring a folding chair to put their items with. Guardians that have not been asked to stay to help with sanitizing and clean up (within the total of twenty participants) are asked to drop-off and pick-up only or stay a safe distance from the diamond and others.
Head Coaches will receive some safety supplies from KMBA. Players should bring their own water and hand sanitizer please. We are asking all players to take home any personal garbage/recycling from their practice. There will be no garbage/recycling bins at the diamonds.
Practice Schedules will be communicated to you through your head coach the week of June 15th. KMBA is committed to a safe return to in-person baseball activities. We will be reviewing best practices for injury-free return to baseball with all of our coaches. There will be 45 minutes scheduled between practices allowing for teams to fully clean all areas used and ensuring ample time to leave safely before the next team arrives. No persons are to approach the diamond until the previous team has fully cleaned and vacated the area.
If you no longer wish to participate in our Summer 2020 Baseball program we ask that you de-register by completing this form by Friday June 19th at noon.
Credits for de-registration will be as follows:
- 75% of your 2020 KMBA registration fee will be credited to your account
- All team accounts have been reconciled. The total credit in your team account as of Friday June 19th at noon will be divided by the total number of players and each player that de-registers will have their portion credited to their account
There is no need to inform your coach; rosters will be updated on Friday afternoon and sent to coaches accordingly. KMBA will be working to assist coaches in identifying players to fill the open spots that the de-registration process will create.
Once the de-registration process is complete, and team accounts are reconciled again, team spending can resume on Saturday June 20th. We are asking that all coaches work with their families to address new team equipment needs, and changes to how they intend to spend their funds this summer.
In the coming weeks we will be sending out a communication with all of the information you need to plan for the Panther Summer 2021 Baseball Program. At this time, we are pleased to confirm the following:
- Tryouts for our 2021 Elite, Rep and Select Teams will be free of charge (to be held this Summer/Fall)
- All currently registered Panthers Elite and Rep players will be guaranteed a Rep roster spot (not including release restrictions) for 2021. Players are not guaranteed to stay on their current roster.
We would like to thank everyone for your patience over the last few months. We have stayed positive and hopeful as a baseball community, with the strong support of our City of Kitchener partners. BASEBALL IS BACK.
Stay Safe. Stay Hopeful. Have fun!